Whether you’re looking to spend less time editing your images or if you’re wondering why you’re not getting more inquiries, this could be the workshop to help you reclaim your life at the same time as bringing you more clients. That may sound like a contradiction, but over two days we aim to give you the knowledge to do just that…. Read on….
When? – 10am – 6pm – 19th & 20th November 2013
Where? – The Custard Factory, Birmingham
How much? – £300 + VAT (places limited to 12 people)
*** PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW TAKING BOOKING FOR THE INDIVIDUAL DAYS AT £180 + VAT PER DAY. CONTACT US FOR DETAILS ***
Workflow and Post-Production with Steve Gerrard
I shoot 30-40 weddings per year (plus engagements, portraits, music, etc) but I still want to spend time with my kids, go to see bands and take my wife out for dinner. I enjoy editing but that’s because I don’t spend too long doing it!
– Find out how I edit a full wedding in 3 or 4 hours rather than days, from culling to Lightroom adjustments, batch-processing and giving images the look I’m after using Photoshop and more. I’ll let you into techniques you may never have even considered which can massively speed up your editing while also making your images stand out in a saturated market.
– I’ll explain how I set my camera to save time in the post-production stages.
– We’ll go through my entire workflow after a wedding, from backing up files to editing and presentation to clients.
– Find out how to let your clients become your marketing team.
– Plus…. Social media, slideshows, outsourcing, software, blogging and more….
– I’ll aim to give you at least an extra day off every week! 🙂
SEO with Alan Law
As a full-time wedding photographer whose previous career was in SEO (working for clients such as Argos, Confused.com and RBS), Alan Law is in a unique position to be able to share with you exactly what works and what doesn’t in terms of being found on Google – this isn’t a theory-led workshop, with wishy-washy ideas, but practical, actionable guidance so that you’re armed with the know-how to get your site to the top.
he’ll be sharing everything that’s worked for him; how he was able to book 50 weddings in his second year, 95% of which came via Google.
Alan’s aim is to equip you with the knowledge to do all this yourself: no ridiculous amount of money spent on SEO agencies, no wasting cash on magazine adverts – but the knowledge to get your website seen by the thousands of brides looking for your service. And it really is no complicated science; as he says, “If I can do it, then so can you!”
In this SEO one-day workshop he’ll be covering the following:
· What exactly SEO is, and why it’s so important.
· Keyphrase research – how to find out what brides are searching for, and thus what you should be targeting.
· On-site implementation. Step-by-step guidance on just how to optimise your website – the things you should be doing, and the things to avoid. Including essential plugins for WordPress sites.
· Backlinks. Perhaps the most important aspect of SEO: he’ll cover not only why they’re important, but exactly how to obtain them, showing examples of where he has obtained his own.
· Blogging. A regularly updated blog is a vital tool; Alan will talk about what you can be writing about, how to optimise each post, and why you should be doing it.
· Competitor Analysis. Learn how to find out just what your competitors are getting up to, and how to use that knowledge to your advantage.
· Tools. How to make the most of various free and paid tools in your quest to be on the front page.
· Adwords/PPC. How to use pay per click cost-effectively, either in combination with natural listings, or to get instant enquiries before you start to rank organically.
· Analytics. Just how to see the effectiveness of your website, including setting up goals, and thus seeing which marketing avenues/keywords are bringing you paying clients.
No experience/knowledge of SEO is needed at all to take this workshop; indeed, the aim is to bring you up from knowing nothing, to being able to make your own site rank highly yourself. Please note that although some specific guidance will be aimed towards WordPress websites – the most popular website/blog system around – what Alan talks about still applies to all websites, and will thus be actionable no matter what system your site uses.
Your payment is your booking confirmation. Please use the Paypal button below or email me if you’d rather pay via bank transfer or cheque.